When I use {toc} it lists its own header "Table of Contents" in the table of contents. How do I get it to ignore certain parts of the space, like tip boxes?
Your only real configuration option is to limit the depth that is shown so you have a couple options.
1. Don't include a heading above your toc
2. Use a h1 above the toc and h2 or less in the document - configure the marco to show a depth of 2 to 7
#1 is the best way to not show the toc heading and limiting your toc depth is usually a good thing anyway.
Put "Table of Contents" in the Exclude Headings field. Then it doesn't really matter where you place it or even what Heading type you put on it. But you first have to add and Save the Table of Contents heading (it shows in Preview) BEFORE you will be able to exclude it.
What I am trying to figure out is how to exclude 2 or more headings. Haven't quite figured that one out yet.
image2015-3-13 11:20:12.png
By the way, someone else has provided the answer to my "exclude multiple headings" question. In Exlude headings you simply put: (Table of Contents|Assumption). Very nice and easy.
I tried this workaround for "mini-TOC".
Scenario:
Using current TOC Macro, my test page would look like this:
FRUITS
VEGGIES
SNACKS
To include a Mini-TOC within the First heading:
I use the following Regex :
In the Include field start word with .* Example .* FRUITS
In the Exclude field end word with .* Example SNACKS.*
If you want to include more than a word use this format .*(Apple|Mango|Grapes)
If you want to exclude more than a word use this format (SNACKS|VEGGIES).*
Result:
Some types of fruits
A fruit a day keeps the doctor away
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.