Hello, is there a way to export only one project from JIRA and import it to another instance?
Our JIRA has multiple projects and one of them has to be migrated to another JIRA server. We also want to migrate all project schemes and configuration.
This was already discussed here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/24187/is-there-a-tool-or-method-to-export-a-project-from-one-instance-of-jira-test-and-import-the-project-into-another-jira-instance-production
Please see updated KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-merge-jira-server-instances-244352137.html
This link seems to be down - is there another instance of this information ? Thank you
We had some problems with https://confluence.atlassian.com. It should be back now.
Yes, realized that after all confluence pages i checked out were down - thank you for your reply and I look forward to your post - cheers
You will need to do an XML backup and then use the project import functionality. Make sure you have setup your receiving project for th import with all the custom fields, workflow, etc. An additional tip: if the JIRA instance has a plugin like Zephyr then that data will not be imported as the JIRA project import does not read data created by the plugins.
Please confirm, when we do the project migration: are "fix Versions", "Affect Versions" & "Components" will be automatically imported to target system ..? or we have to do these manually..?
Hi Miroslav,
the best option would be a synchronization app from Atlassian marketplace.
I personally use the J2J Issue Sync app which works great for me:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215323/j2j-issue-sync?hosting=server&tab=overview
It can synchronize projects, issues and fields between two Jira instances. You can try it free before buy so you can test if it meets your requirements.
Martin
(this is a pretty old question - but I guess still valid for a lot of people
The crux of this question is in > We also want to migrate all project schemes and configuration.
Issue synchronisation tools are not meant for this type of migrations. (I'm with the team that builds Exalate - also a synchronisation solution)You should have a look at either configuration manager from Botron or project configurator from Adaptavist
The questions above are also relevant to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-31806 which is still open.
Hi
I have a question here, is this applicable on Jira Server or Jira Cloud? As we have this Standard Jira in cloud and I am not getting any solution for that. It would be great if you can help on this.
Regards
Nidhi
I would suggest you set up a dev/build JIRA instance and practice the imports, this will also allow you to document such things as custom fields, priorities, link configs, things that are not automatically created at import time. Also one to be aware of is that any users be created in the target system if they're missing, and they will consume your license entitlement! When I have to move projects between systems I have a set of empty JIRA instances of various versions, I isolate the project into an exact level version of the source system, get it cleaned up, upgrade it if required, remove any dead user accounts, use bulk update to reset any data and Comment Toolbox to remove users from comments if required and then simply copy out the backup XMLs and attachments, then I know when I take it to the target system it's clean and will import perfectly. Docker containers for JIRA running on Virtualbox systems work perfectly for testing and practicing your export/import skills as they can be reset over and over.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.