We recently upgraded to v5.2.2. All custom avatar's display correctly in FireFox, but do not display in Safari or Chrome. I have verified the base URL and the <jira_home>data/avatar directory are correct.
Check that the jira.home parameter in set correctly in the JIRA_INSTALL\WEB-INF\classes\jira-application.properties file to specify the data folder.
Can you verify that they are loading correctly by:
If that doesn't fix it, can you check your browser developer toolbar such as Firebug? Please check the network tab for all resource requests, I'm interested to see if they are actually downloaded or erroring out.
I've seen something similar to this before -- it turned out that disabling antivirus on the client machine running the browser fixed this. Sounds crazy I know.
I have verified the following:
jira.home = /export/home/apps/local/jira/data/atlassian/application-data/jira
Along with the missing avatar's, my users can not use the 'Can't access my account' link. They can not set their passwords.
Are you using any web server such as Apache or Nginx to act as reverse proxy??
I can reproduce the same problem with our JIRA 5.2.3 installation too.
Additonally, I noticed that users are no longer able to edit their avatars in their profile summary page.
Additonally, I noticed that users are no longer able to edit their avatars in their profile summary page.Using Chrome's Developer Tools view (CTRL+SHIFT+I) you can see that the browser gets stucked figuring out the size of the avatar.
We are not using Apache or Nginx. We do not have a reverse proxy set up.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.