I attempting to create my own workflow, and I am having issues with Stories being marked as done when all the subtasks are complete. Can anyone point me in the right direction to correct this?
It is not a default functionality in JIRA. JIRA Software (or JIRA Agile in earlier versions) provides that option on scrum boards with Stories as swimlanes.When you mark the last subtask as done, it will ask you whether you want to mark the parent story as done or not.
If you want to have the automatic transition, you will need to use one of the add-ons that provides this functionality.
JIRA, by default, does not closed a Story automatically whenever its Sub-Task is done. You will have to implement that in your workflow "Post-Function"
https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions#PostFunctions-Autocloseallsubtasks
You can also put workflow "Conditions" so that a Story cannot be closed whenever there is an open Sub-Tasks
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-sub-tasks-185729507.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Preventing+Issues+from+being+closed+while+their+sub-task+are+still+open
It does when the last sub-task is done and you're using Agile/Software.
Gabrielle, thank you that is what I was looking for.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.