I've looked at numerous other issues on here and I understand why the "Disable" and "Delete" buttons would be deactivated for users who were added through an outside LDAP. However, we are finding that users who are deleted from that outside LDAP are not being deactivated or deleted from the system. They are still showing up in Administer Users, People Directory and as options in the @mentions.
We cannot disable or delete an LDAP user while they exist in the LDAP and yet after a user is removed from the LDAP directory, Confluence is not updating and there is still no way for us to delete or disable them.
How can we get them out of the system? I prefer to just disable but delete would be acceptable for several users as we need to clean up the people directory and the @mention suggestions. I've looked at numerous other issues on here and I understand why the "Disable" and "Delete" buttons would be deactivated for users who were added through an outside LDAP. However, we are finding that users who are deleted from that outside LDAP are not being deactivated or deleted from the system. They are still showing up in Administer Users, People Directory and as options in the @mentions.
We cannot disable or delete an LDAP user while they exist in the LDAP and yet after a user is removed from the LDAP directory, Confluence is not updating and there is still no way for us to delete or disable them.
How can we get them out of the system? I prefer to just disable but delete would be acceptable for several users as we need to clean up the people directory and the @mention suggestions. Right now a user added through Active Directory is permanently in the system and we have no way to remove them.
Please note that unlike other reported issues, some of these users are members of groups and some of them are not. This seems to have no affect on the limitation. The only users I was able to disable were those who showed Directory = Confluence Internal Directory. We are on 5.2.3.