I am running the JIRA integrity checker in order to use the Configuration Manager plugin.
Both the plugins integrity checker and JIRA's integrity checker returns a list of invalid things...
While the plugin gives an excellent explanation of what's wrong; it only shows one error at a time and re-directs me to run a full system integrity check.
The full system integrity check takes A LONG time. When I did it through JIRA's internal checker - the server timed out. I tried to do it in sections and some sections do run in a timely manner and show me some errors. However, those errors are not very explanatory.
I see something like this for example:
ERROR: The field layout item with id 756674 has a reference to the deleted custom field with id customfield_16550. (JRA-4423)
ERROR: NCD-1196 - The workflow entry with id 323560 has an incorrect state. (JRA-4241)
How do I figure out what field layout item with id 756674 is? How about workflow entry with id 323560?
The bigger question here I guess is, how did you guys figure out what JIRA's DB schema looks like? I am not doing any development work just troubleshooting and would love to be able to dive into the DB - but I don't know where to start. Any help is appreciated.
With large JIRA instances, any advice on running integrity checks? Will the plugins integrity checker timeout or can I trust it to complete?
Thank you,