Has anyone tried the Survey macro with the latest Confluence 5.2.x? The marketplace shows only 5.1.5 compatibility.
The PlugIn has been update to support 5.2.3 in the meantime.
Hi Michael,I have seen issues with data recording when attempting to run the latest version (compatible to 5.1.5) with 5.2.3. My advice would be to wait for a 5.2.3 compatible version to be released.
Cheers,Andrew
seem to have missed that one.
I am regularly verifying compatibility. Cant tell why i did not see this question.
Thanks for stating it here! (it seems i have to write my own issues in the github issuetracker )
cheers
Frank
hey Frank -
Is this plugin the same as the plugin "Survey Macro"? ("Survey Macro" had 3 modules: vote, survey, surveyaction)
Reason I'm asking: We're upgrading from Confluence v4.1 to v5.2. Want to make sure we're upgrading to the latest version. The "Survey Macro" plugin we have installed does not show an upgrade available (it's at version 1.1.8.8). And the closest Marketplace entry I can find is yours—thought it might be the same.
Do I have a match?
thanks,John
Hy John,
that defintely sounds like it
The latest version 2.2.0 should be compatible for both versions. Yesterday i verified compatibility from 4.0 to 5.3.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/195
the 1.1.8.8 should be named 1.1.8-8 then you have an exact match (Version from April 2011), that time atlassian disallowed 4 digits so i had to use -
I have installed the survey pluging on confluence 5.2.5. I can't make it work, I don't see survey option when I go to brows space. I have no idea why that is happening.
Thanks,
Waqar
i dont think it's good to ask a question on a already answered one, but anyway:
Please provide a little bit more information. The plugin provides 2 macro's which you have to add via the edit page action. Within the macro browser you can select the vote and/or survey macro.
Please state which step does not fit to your expectations.
--Frank
<small>This is what I have done so far. Please advice what should be the next step?</small>
well. I already did, as said before its a plugin and provides macro's. That means:
when I add a survey macro to a page on confluence 4 or 5, it gets automatically surrounded by the wiki macro. I assume the reason is because the survey macro is still not migrated to confluence 4 and 5.
Do I miss anything?
Hi Hans-Peter,
i cannot follow you. When i copy and paste a wiki-markup into a 5.5 instance it gets converted to xhtml given that i used the wiki-markup macro. And when i use the macro browser its working the xhtml style by default.
How exactly are you stuck with the wiki macro? How do you add a new survey-macro?
hmm, I can't see the survey macro in the macro browser. I still may have the Confluence 3 survey macro behind the scenes.
I have version 1.1.8.8 of this macro installed. It does not suggest to upgrade it, so I would assume it's the latest and greatest.
I did some more investigation: I uninstalled the survey plugin and re-installed it. Now I got version 2.6 which appears to resolve all the problems which I was seeing. (as far as related to surveys, of course)
(and run admin/<span>unmigratedcontent.action afterwards)<br></span>
admin/<span>unmigratedcontent.action afterwards)<br></span>
that explains it. Cant tell you why confluence didnt recommend to update the plugin. Glad that you figure it out.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.