Hey guys,
I got the job to migrate our confluence setup to windows server 2012 R2. So far I got everything running beside the access:
I can get into the Wiki by typing this URL: 'wiki.kestner.lan:81'. So I've set up an ALIAS in the DNS manager, pointing toward the correct server.
Now I would like to get there without pointing at the IP. I've tried using Tomcat and the IIS-Manager, but that just points me toward the directory, not the actual wiki. (https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-setup-confluence-with-iis-188233.html) Also multiple redirect/forwarding plugins for IIS failed to succeed.
I know it is possible because on the old setup, you can type 'www.kestner.lan', which gets translated into 'http://www.kestner.lan/confluence/pages/ ...', unfortunately, there is no one left who might know how the old setup works and I don't even know where to start looking.
Letting confluence listen on port '80' does not work either since there are some Windows services using the port I really don't want to touch.
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Regards, Ian
(Uwe Meyer was the guy original working on Confluence)