Hi we are running production Atlassian JIRA 5.1.3 and now attempting to upgrade to latest JIRA 6.1.5. What should be my upgrade path? I have set up a JIRA 6.1.5 instance in a new infrastructure and am trying to load data ( home directory and mysql dump ) in the new instance. Am I following the right path. Please advice.
Regards,
- Rony
Following the JIRAKB article I was able to complete the upgrade..
Home directory + copy of old data - sounds correct to me for 5.x to 6.1.
Are you having problems with it?
I assume your MySQL dump is loaded into a nice clean database, the home directory copied and Jira installed before you start Jira. The only advice I'd add is that it's actually worth testing a new install with an empty database to make sure the new application actually works. It should spin up and create an empty Jira, which you can do a bit of testing on, then you drop the tables in there and load the dump from production - Jira should then go "oh, old data, ok, upgrading it now"
Thanks for your quick reply mate.. I believe I did spin up the new install but I loaded the mysql dump on top of the fresh install.. by dropping the table did you mean to drop the database or drop all tables.Also regarding the home directory - no changes need to be done in there if I am right ?The error I was getting while it was upgrading or finished upgrading the old data was something like " duplicate Key issue while doing a inserthttps://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Upgrading+To+JIRA+6.1+Fails+Due+To+Duplicate+Issue+KeysBut I will try loading the dump in a clean empty "jiradb" database..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.