Have a look here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/332522
You'd have to create a blueprint
You could create a template(blank or not) and then use the "create from template" macro. In the macro options for the title put @currentDate. See the below screen capture.
Hi,
Our Add-on provides default tags like __Current_date__, etc. They can be used within the page title and anywhere on the page; also in macro parameters.
Try our Live Examples (no registration needed).
Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator.
Regards, Stephan
Thank you David for sharing this solution. It works well for us!
I agree, this is better than the accepted solution mentioned which gets into programming and macros.
A template, a page with a Create from Template Macro, and your all set. If you include tags on your template, you can build a children display, essentially like the Meeting Notes page you get on a new space.
This is close to what I was looking for. I want to populate the title with a specific title, that the user can add to at the time of creation. Right now, when a user creates my template, the title goes blank. I want to be able to generate something like: "Client Page: X", where the user can fill in X with the name of the client.
Hi Shanta,
I once also had a similar requirement and implemented a user macro that can be inserted as a button to a page.Clicking on this button will create a new page below the page that contains the button and will set a specific page title and specific labels that are given with the macro.
If you are interested, I can post the macro code.
Cheers,Kirstin
I've been able to accomplish that in other areas, especially with the date, but in this case, it's based on a template in new spaces that we create for a new client. I'm actually working on a way to create an entire space template, so the only "button" I really want is "Create this space" and have it create the relevant pages, templates and titles. For the case I posted here, I have no where to put the button.
Ah, OK. This is something different from what I did. IMHO you will end up with coding (blueprint/plugin).
This doesn't seem to be compatible with the new editor in my testing. Anyone else seeing different results?
Yes, labels and the page nam are no longer defaulting. I wish we could use the old editor until they fix all the annoying issues with the new one
Hi Davin (or anyone who might be able to help).
I have created this macro on a page using the @currentDate feature and it works, but it places the newly created page at the bottom of the list of past pages (also with their current/created dates as titles). It seems the only way to sort is alphabetically and when I toggle the option it puts all the pages in oldest date first to newest last.
How do I get it to default to the top of the list?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.