Hi. I'm moving our current instance of Jira over to a new server. I followed the directions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server#MigratingJIRAtoAnotherServer-copyjirahome and everything seems to working okay with the exception that custom avatars are no longer being used. I have a few users who uploaded their own avatar and now it's gone. Is there something I need to do to bring these over manually? One note, the old instance was 5.0.1 and the new instance is 5.1.3 -- not sure if that has anything to do with it. Thanks!
Total user error. When I tar'd the home directory, there were errors and not everything was copied (including the 'avatars' folder. All is well now. Thanks!
There should be a folder called 'avatars' in your old JIRA Home Directory. Try to bring it over to the same location in the new JIRA Home Directory. Refresh your browser cache and see if that helps.
Hi there,
In addition to Azwandi's reply above, yes there should be avatars folder created in the JIRA_HOME directory, specifically $JIRA_HOME/data/avatars. All users avatars are stored in the directory, hence can you kindly try to migrate the images contained in the avatars directory to JIRA 5.1.3 and see if it helps?
Cheers!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.