Say you have an issue and it's sub-tasks resolved/closed. You then need to re-open the sub-task, is there a way to open the parent issue when a sub-task is re-opened?
The only way I can think of at the moment is to create a post-function plugin where it reopen the main task for you, similar to the existing post-function where it close teh parent when the subtask is closed. I dont think you can do it any other way than customize plugin
There are already a number of plugins to help you do that:
https://plugins.atlassian.com/search/with?q=scripting&product=all
Eva Lee is right, but they will spare you to dig too much in JIRA.
I've created a plugin with several workflow plugins for subtasks.https://bitbucket.org/mbrizi/jira-plugins/raw/908616ebe2bc/ugov-jira-subtask-plugin/target/ugov-jira-subtask-plugin-1.4.2.jar <label for="it.cineca.jira.plugin.ugov-jira-subtask-plugin:transitionparentissue-function"></label>
You can use the "Transition Parent Issue Function" and specify the transition id for the parent issue workflow.I hope it helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.