I have JIRA running on Centos. When I try and restart it says Tomcat appears to be still running with Pid 32818. Start aborted
And is it....?
Tried doing a
ps auxwww | grep java
And see if you see a PID with number 32818?
I assume you have a legit reason to restart it. Try sending a hup to the process and maybe it terminates.
kill -hup 32818
Give it a few seconds. Do a couple of ps auxwww | grep java to see if the pid remains running. If it refuses to die, go full-on and murder it:
kill -9 32818
Needless to say, it might be that someone started the process as root, and that root wrote the pid-file, and that it no longer can be overwritten/removed due to permissions. If this is the case you might have to chown the files and folders accordingly, but you might want to try all this for a start.
I nuked Catalina.pid file and JIRA started. Now I struggle with Bitbucket as the Java Home variable keeps getting redirected to jre.
Plus Bitbucket is running but cant ssh access it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.