In a given space, I would like people from my company to be able to request membership to the group "users" of this space, just by clicking on a button. Is it possible? How?
Hello Jean,
I'm not sure I fully understood what you want to do, but there's a way to request access for a restricted page, described on this blog post: http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/09/new-in-confluence-request-access-to-view-restricted-pages/
I hope this helps you on what you want to achieve.
Eduardo
Hi Jean-Christophe, only an administrator can modify group memberships in Confluence, so I'm sorry, it is not possible for members to set their own group memberships.
Eduardo and Rachel, first thanks for your answers.
My question does not specificaly address restricted pages, but group membership. It is related to a current feature in social networks.
So I understand that the only possibility is to send a message to the space admin requesting membership?
I signed up just to respond to this question. Our HR department is looking for something similar. They would like to make groups (like Facebook) which our users can request to join via a button click. (Similar to watching a page, but without the confusion of selecting watch entire space or watch page.)
Hello, any update or suggestion on this?
Hi Joshua. We share the same request. Any answer?
Nothing at this time unfortunately.
Hello, anyone have any suggestions?
Following up again.
Hi Rachel Any chance this capability will be added in the future?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.