We all just started getting this today when logging into JIRA.
Ver 5.6.2, hosted locally.
Any ideas what's up?
Have you cleared your browser's cache? This is the most usual cause for this. Another cause is a programming error (i.e. infinite loop of redirects to the same pages), but this is not reproductible on my environments ....
I'm getting the same with Jira 6. I presume I've botched something locally, but it used to work..
Received the following e-mail this morning. But none of the choices apply.
- There is no answer to accept
- I have no answer to give
- The question is clear
- The question is still valid
--------------------------------------------------------
The following questions of yours are still unresolved:
Please consider one of the following actions:
Please be a good Answers citizen! Accepting answers on resolved questions earns you Karma points, and increases the chances that Answers' top contributors will answer your future questions. If your question is still legitimate and you'd like to await further answers, please do!
Curiously if you inspected the network traffic and visited the URL directly it would do the same.
The problem has been resolved as of at least yesterday.
Problem seems to have gone away.
That is not the same thing as saying it is fixed, however.
The log shows that I am not the only one generating this error.
I supect it was a problem with their server configuration.
We had the same problem with our Confluence Server.
Digging a little bit deeper we found two JSESSIONID cookies in the browser, the first (invalid) for the first page visited by the user (with cookie path "/pages/"), the second (good) JSESSIONID cookie for the login (with cookie path "/"). Both cookies were sent with Path = "/" by Tomcat but all browsers ignored this cookie path parameter.
The root cause was a Tomcat setting:
CATALINA_OPTS="-Dorg.apache.catalina.STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE=true ${CATALINA_OPTS}"
This setting (among others) changes the session handling in Tomcat. We have removed this setting from Tomcat and the problem disappeared after a restart.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.