I'm trying to test the Tempo Planner on a developer instance of JIRA 6.1.1. I can install the plugin, but nothing changes. When I check the add-ons page, it says the plugin is unlicensed. What do I need to do to get it to work? The EAP documentation says a license isn't necessary...
https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TPEA/Tempo+Planner+Early+Access+Documentation
Hi Jason,
can you inform us if you have Tempo timesheets installed on the same instance? These two plugins are not compatible yet.
Can you inform us also if you get the Tempo link in the header, this is your access to the planner. After install you should have Tempo Planner, Tempo Accounts and the System Plugins Tempo Core and Tempo Teams in your User installed Add-ons list.
A time limited license is included in the .obr file, so you don't need to enter any license. Just ignore that it says "unlicensed".
Please take a look at our documentation https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TP/Tempo+Planner+User%27s+Guide for more information.
Best regards
Susanne (Tempo)
OK - it looks like I had to do a restart to get the "Tempo" menu option to appear after installing the plugin.
Susanne, what if timesheets is installed? Can you confirm Tempo Planner is available for Jira on demand? When I'm on the manage add-ons page, I only see a button saying 'build a new add-on'. So no upload possible...
Hi David,
Tempo Planner is not yet compatible with Tempo timesheets. You will have problems with running these two plugins as there is a mismatch in some modules. In that case you will need to uninstall all parts of Timesheets and Planner (Timesheets, Planner, Accounts, Teams and Core) and then reinstall timesheets. It is recommended to install Planner in a clean instance of JIRA (useful to have JIRA Agile installed).
Tempo Planner is not yet available in OnDemand, it is still in beta. We are in contact with Atlassian about the release of Planner in OnDemand but do not have any date yet.
Regards
Susanne
Hello Susanne, any more news on the release of Planner in OnDemand?
Hi,
no news yet. Atlassian is changing the way that plugins access the OnDemand version of JIRA. We do not yet have a date when this step will be taken. We can not release Planner OnDemand until this is resolved.
Hi Susanne,
Do you think there is any possiblity of it releasing for Ondemand in the next 3 months, or is it a larger undertaking than that?
I can not give you any information about this as it depends on Atlassian to manage access of plugins to OnDemand. We will make sure to release information as soon as we know when this will be.
Dear Susanne (Tempo Team),
your note above "Tempo Planner is not yet compatible with Tempo timesheets" made me a bit concerned. Is this still the case?
I am asking because we have Tempo timesheets in our production environment and wanted to start testing Tempo Planner.
thank you!
No, this is not the case anymore. The Tempo Planner that was released to the Atlassian marketplace last week (Tempo Planner 1.0) is compatible with Tempo Timesheets 7.8. and later and JIRA 6.0.1 and later.
I think still lot of companies are using JIRA 5.x and for large installations of JIRA it's hard to updagred specially with so many plugins, thus I feel that the tempo planner should have been available on 5.x JIRA as well.
Any update on when Planner will be available for OnDemand? We are evaluating products now and are current Tempo Timesheets customers.
We hope to resolve this issue before Q4.
Any further news on this - When will Planner be available for OnDemand?
We had to delay the release to Q1 2015 as we had unexpected problems with Atlassian Connect that is used to connect new plugins to the JIRA Cloud instance.
Does this now integrate properly with Tempo Timesheets?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.