Is there a way to create sub-tasks for each of the selected issue fields? What should the Custom field type be?
Adding to Nic's answer and my understanding of what you are trying to do:
In the parent task, you have a custom field called "Create Subtasks?" with two checkbox options "Yes" and "No".
Now if the "Yes" option is checked you want to be able to create subtasks to this parent issue.
Very basic answer would be you write a workflow post-function to do this.
And by your statement "needs to create sub-tasks and assign to various users", I am assuming you have a few custom fields of user select type.
Again the whole answer is based on assumptions . The question is not clear enough.
I'm not sure the question makes a lot of sense.
I understand you want to create sub-tasks, but what has that got to do with fields? A sub-task belongs to an issue, you create them by adding them to issues, they have nothing to do with fields.
To expand the questions: Where are you selecting issue fields? What does a "selected" field do? What's the expected behaviour? What triggers a sub-task?
Nic,
I should have a checklist which when selected/completed and transitioned to next step needs to create sub-tasks and assign to various users. Custom fields are on the issue screen.
Thank you.
But what have the fields got to do with the subtasks? A check list is a field, or set of fields. Nothing to do with sub-tasks. Please explain the behaviour you are looking for?
Exactly, it's all a bit too vague for us to construct a decent answer. I would also have guessed that you wanted something like what @nbhushan has suggested, but we can't assume that from your question or comment (and I've been caught out making assumptions like that before, ending up giving completely inappropriate advice because the questioner wasn't clear)
Nic/nbhushan,
I have a transition called Terminate User. On clicking the button, I am presented with the screen where I have the field 'Retrieve Equipment', 'Retrieve Keys Issued', 'Terminate access to so and so account' etc., All these tasks should be done by different persons.
When the main person who is doing this transition 'Terminate User' selects or chooses the above mentioned fields, automatically sub-tasks should be created and should be assigned to respective owner. Can this be achieved? If yes, what type of fields should I use in the screen to achieve this? After this post, I have also looked at create-on-transition plugin but am not completly sure on how to do this.
I hope I am clear this time. Thank you for your time and help.
Thank you for your response. I shall take a look at it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.