I would like to ask how to bind the port 80 so that user can only type the hostname in URL. I assume Bitbucket is running as root because installation process says that it has to run as root in order to create Bitbucket as service. I have 2 answers from Bitbucket support engineer, but none of them worked. The answers are,
- With using tomcat, simply modify <Connector port="7990" ...> to 80 in $STAHS_HOME/shared/server.xml file.
- With apache httpd, follow the instruction in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/KB/Integrating+Apache+HTTP+Server+reverse+proxy+with+Bitbucket+Server.
#1 is only one change and it doesn't work. Port 80 Anything has to be done besides changing
For #2, there are several steps to follow, but I didn't understand a couple of steps.
- There is steps to enable the proxy modules. How can I enable proxy modules? I checked httpd.conf file and all those modules were not already commented, which I assume those modules are already enabled. Anything else needs to be done to enable proxy modules.
- Add "ProxyPass" and "ProxyPassReverse" in Apache configuration file. I added 2 lines in
<VirtualHost *:80>
ProxyPass / http://localhost:7990
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:7990
</VirtualHost *80>
The reason that I used "http://localhost:7990" is because Apache and Bitbucket server live on the same machine.
After following the steps, I restarted apache and went to Bitbucket URL. But I didn't get connected with the error like "proxy locahost:7990 .." What needed to be done?
Thanks for your help in advance.