I'm trying to determine if a particular user made comments in our JIRA instance. Can anyone tell me where the issue comments are stored? By "where" I am refering to the name of the database table. Thanks in advance for your help!
You can read it straight off their activity stream in their profile.
Or, if you insist on SQL, look in "jiraaction". You'll probably want to join it to jiraissue to find out which issues the comments were made on.
Thanks Nic! Found just what I needed, I appreciate the assist.
@Nic,
What else could be in the jiraaction table other than comments?
Older Jira systems used to store other stuff in there, so you might find historical data from version 2 if your system goes back that far.
I don't think the more recent versions of Jira store anything other than comments in it, but I'm not 100% sure. If you've found things other than comments in there, be interesting to take a look.
We have a lot of people joining and leaving the projects / company so after a couple of years out of the 1500 users about 950 had been given the status "inactive". I also struggled not being able to delete user because some comments still were associated. I did the following to resolve this ( please do this only at your own risk and make sure your environment is properly backupped etc ).
Running on postgresql i connected as admin to jiradb and just changed table entries of user 'person x' to my name 'cmadmin':
jiradb=> update jiraaction set author = 'cmadmin' where author = 'person x';
Strangely it only worked using no capitals in user name but when running jiradb=> select * from jiraaction; thats logical.
Now you can use "user manager -> delete" to delete this user.
If this is still not working due to user being assign to a ticket or being reporter of a ticket, i have used sql search: assignee = 'person x' or reporter = 'person x' to bulkchange these issues ( change assignee -> cmadin , reporter -> cmadmin ).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.