This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence FAQ
Does confluence turn my pc into a server?
Not really. In the broadest sense, a "server" is simply a computer that is running services. Modern operating systems tend to run loads of things as services, even if they're only accessible on the current machine. Confluence is another service that you've added - it doesn't make the computer a "server" any more or less than the other services running on it.
Why do you ask?
I was wondering if shutting down my pc would mean that people would lose connection to the wiki would make using Confluence. Based on your answer, does this mean that I can access my Confluence account from any computer without taking up CPU on said computer?
You've installed something on your machine to provide a service.
I'm not sure how you'd expect that to be running if you turn it off.
Oh ok, thank you for your time and help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.