Hello,
In JIRA 6.2 we have a couple of Projects. When issue type project is created within one of the Projects, we want it to be assigned to 1 specific person. Doesn't matter which Project.
How and where do I do that?
You can try and specify this under Project > Administration > Components > Default Assignee.
Hello Vera,
In order to implement this feature you could :
1. Define a specific project lead
2. Go to Project Administration -> Roles and define the deafult assignee as Project Lead
Another possible solution is to update create transition inserting a post function that automatically assign issues that use workflow to a default assignee.
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Thank you both, but that's not it. Because my project leads are somebody else and it's about a project within a project.
And Fabio, your second option needs some extra information, because I don't get the last part...
This sounds ok, but I don't get it what is meant by Components. Also, how do I specify that 1 person there?
I do not understand what you mean with "Project within a project". In Jira one project is one project. You might have an issue type called Project, but that is just that - a type of issue.
If you want to look into what @Fabio's meant with his answer, you can read here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+workflow+configuration
you could update the related workflow adding a specific postfunction to create transition.
The postfunction that you should setup is "Update Issue Field" provided by JIRA Suite Utilities plugin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.