May i know the reason for not including commented by and comment date in JQL ? i mean is there any performance hit by it. Reason for the question is i am tryin to develop a plugin which will get issue with given commentor and comment date range. i want to know whether its practically possible without any performance hit ?
Hi Shamith, not sure if this helps, but the Scriptrunner plugin has added this functionality: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-commented(commentquery)
Most people don't care when a coment was made. It's useful sometimes to know when a comment you are looking at was made, and you care about what they've said, but searching by comment date is pretty much unused by almost all users, so no-one has bothered to code for it.
I don't think you'll have much problem with performance if you implement something to do this.
Hi Sana,
thanks for the plugin info. Surely helps. Again Many thanks.
Thanks Nic. You are right, its not used by most of the users.
Hrm... I agree about "most", but not about "almost all". IMHO it's useful to search for users commented by a particular user in a date range, or issues commented by say a troublesome customer. So I bothered to code for it ;-)
To answer the original question, there's no performance hit if you use the comment index, both the comment author and creation date are indexed, so it's a quick query, the same order of time for searching an issue by creation date.
What does it mean that a feature that is not implemented/available is not used by all/mosts users?
i think it is useful as setting a state can be done just to modify the updated date, but that does not mean you actually responded anything, so it gives you none accurate data, if the KPIs are misused .
Are you still looking for an answer on this?
I just found a great work around for this using Automation for JIRA.
Yes I'm searching for the same answer.
If you can help, It will be really useful for me
Thanks
This is what I have done:
It should look like this:
Now that you have an automation set up, it will now update this field to show the date of last comment by the customer. Next, you can set up filters based off of the comment date/time. For myself, I have a kanban board set up with filters so that it can show me an inbox of sorts of comments on my issues so that I never miss them. Take a look:
Let me know if you'd like any more clarification.
Nathan,
Thank you for this! This was exactly what I neede for one of my automations!
Dear @Shamith K S
Hope my late answer can help you I'm Bartek from Orbiscend OU - ARGON app provider
If you are open for third-party app, ARGON ARGON Powerful JQL Search can be useful in your issue.
With ARGON, this is much easier and practical with Commented function, which is optimized for this kind of search. The Commented function allows you to search for issues that have comments matching specific criteria, such as content, author, or time period.
Commented
Ex.
Commented by: issue in commented("project = SER", "John Smith", "2023/01/01", "2023/12/31")
Date range: issue in commented("project = SER", "", "2023/01/01", "2023/05/01")
Please feel free to explore more functions which ARGON can provides.
GreetingsBartek
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.