Hi, the organisation I work for has a number of external vendors who run Jira Systems.
I have been asked to see if it is possible to share Issue information between ourselves using the Jira Export/Import features.
The most convinient Export method I have found is the Issue XML Export but I have not been able to find any useful documentation on whether it is possible to import the Issue XML into another system.
Is it possible to import the Issue XML into a Jira system that was Exported from another?
I am operating under the following conditions:
1. I cannot guarantee the Jira versions match
2. We have no say in what Add-ons the external vendors may or may not have
3. This is for single Issues only, we do NOT want to perform a full restore from a Project backup XML file as all the documentation I have seen so far describes.
If this is not possible, what would be a suggested method?
Regards,
Phil Baird