I have a requirement that I need to create a workflow property same like
jira.field.resolution.exclude but it should depend on Issue Type.
Could it would be possible? If yes, please suggest the approach.
Thanks.
Hi.
i don't believe it is possible to build custom properties like this.
you may have a look at this Question:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/144864/restricting-resolutions-based-on-issue-type-in-resolve-issue-screen
What will this new property do ? do you want the options in resolution field based on issue type or you want to set the resolution based on issuetype ?
You can add the post function 'Update issue field' on the resolve issue transition which will set the resolution and hide the resolution field from the resolution screen .
EDIT : Assuming you have separate workflows for each issue type
Hi Mizan,
This property should set the resolution based on issuetype.
Maybe I am missing something obvious but you just need to have different worflows for different issuetypes I guess?
Define the property with different values in those workflows.
I want to set the options in resolution field based on issue type,
Then I tried "jira.field.resolution.exclude" attribute. But each issue type need to be defined a separate workflow.
so to meet such requirement, can we create custom workflow property?
or can we programmatically set the existing jira.field.resolution.exclude property
Hi Bharadwaj ,
This is not possible .. even if we set the workflow property programmatically , the workflow is shared by all issue types .. so this wont help .
What is the issue with separate workflows ? you can copy the existing workflow rename them and associate to each issue type.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.