Hi.
How can I copy a value of a custom field in JIRA whenever it's updated? I know how to do this in a transition, the field however may be updated outside transitions.
Thanks.
-a-
Every change to an issue fires an "event" of some sort. You can catch these events in "listeners" and then run much the same code as you have in a transition.
I'd look at Jamie's "Script runner" plugin first - that lets you write code in a listener (or post function etc) without any of the mucking around with the addon framework or coding and compiling outside Jira. It's also free (and frankly, pretty much a standard plugin nowadays)
First question is: why you need it? There's a nice history JIRA manages for the issue, and your field values are in there .... (1)
If you still need to copy the value to another custom-field, you should take a look at plugins like JJUPIN (live fields) [paid] or (maybe) Jamie's Behaviours [free] add-on.
Edit: (1) - You can use for instance Kepler Custom Fields [free] plugin (or any calculated scripted field) and print the value from the history.
Thanks @Nicand @Radu, Jamie's "Script runner" plugin did the trick (and so much more I was unaware of was possible).
Hi,
Can you provide the script which you used.
You can try this Behavior script:
def cf1 = getFieldByName("Cf1 Date")def sub_cf1 = cf1.toString().split("value: ")[1]def cf2 = getFieldByName("Cf2 Date")cf2.setFormValue("${sub_cf1}")
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.