Hello,
I have problem with the inheritance from due dates. Every time I have created tasks and than subtasks I have to change the field "due date" for every subtask too.
Is there a possibility to create a inheritance from my task?
Hi Sven
Yes, misc workflow extensions plugin has a post function "set value from parent" during sub task operations (Renjith, Jan 2013)
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/123997/when-you-create-a-sub-task-can-you-automatically-inherit-certain-fields-from-the-parent
rahul
Sven,
You could use our Slingshot Updatefields plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.tiltedsolutions.slingshot.updatefields) to keep fields synchronized between issues.
If you want, you can thus update all subtasks whenever the parent changes, you can also add some guards (priority less than "minor") or do simple calculations (set subtask duedate to 2 days before parent duedate). Other fields work too, as do linked issues (and parents of linked subtasks of linked issues...)
I'm happy to help you with an inital config if this plugin seems like it can solve your problem.
cheers, Jos (jos@tiltedsolutions.com)
Hey guys,
what about the opposite? A task inheriting the due date from subtask? So,let's say I have 4 subtasks associated with a task, and I wanna pull the latest due date to my task due date. Is that possible?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.