- I have cloned my production version JIRA 3.6.2 and made a development version at the same version
- I upgraded the development verision to 4.4.4. I exported the data in XML format out of my production instance on verison 3.6.2 and imported it into my development instance on 4.4.4
- I upgraded my 4.4.4 version to 5.1.7 and this upgraded the data in situ.
- There are 56 projects in production and these are now copied into the development version
However I am only responsible for only one of the projects and I onlly want one of them to be upgraded. So I'm thinking I will create a second production instance and upgrade that to 5.1.7 following the 4 steps above and delete all the projects that I'm not responsible for.
That will give me 55 projects on prod1 JIRA on version 3.6.2 and 1 project on prod2 JIRA on version 5.1.7
This is good but what happens when a second project on prod1 wants to be move to prod2 and be on a later version of JIRA.
I can't see how I export just one project from prod1 on v3.6.2 and import it into prod2 on v5.1.7 for 2 reasons:
- 3.6.2 can only export the whole database of 56 projects
- 5.1.7. can only import a single project if has come from a version of the same instance
Please advise how I can import the second project ?