When a sub task is created, I want it to inherrit the fixVersion of its parent. Then, if the parent's fixVersion changes, the sub tasks should all follow.
Is this possible via configuration of some scripting somehow?
You'll need a plugin to do this.
There's a rather neat "scripting plugin" from Jamie Echlin, which is generalised and powerful, and also a couple that are more specific will make "child inherit parent's version" ("Misc workflow extensions" springs to mind)
Start at https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/home
It seems that your answer is correct. Thankyou.
It's a pity it's not easier to either choose which sub-task fields should be inherited. The plugin works, but I don't want to trigger it on a transition of the sub-task, but any time the field is edited in the parent task.
Just a thought, if you are using Greenhopper plugin, I guess this is automatically achieved for the sub-tasks, when use use Synchronize. http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Synchronising+Versions+and+Components+for+your+Issues
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.