Here is the use case: the project team does not want to have the default assignee to an individual because people may not know who is in charge.
They want some kind of generic account like "Defect Coordinator", an account that does not solve the issues itself but that it is in charge of assigning them to the right person.
This person may change from time to time, for example when the original coordinator is in vacation.
I would prefer not having to add a local-directory account as I am using LDAP authentication and trying to keepthe local account to minimal -- I may need "defect coordinators" for lots of projects.
Another reason why I do not want to use local account is because it would require administrator access to change the email adress of this user and also because I do not want to have multiple accounts sharing a single email address.
How are you dealing with this?