Hi, I am trying to setup the JIRA Git Plugin (https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JGIT/JIRA+Git+Plugin) on our Windows server. And I need to connect to our Git repository on a separate Linux machine. The setup instructions on the plugin page are greek to me and look to be tailored to a Linux setup. Can someone help me with what I need to do to setup the plugin on Windows, mainly the first two steps they mention on the wiki page. What do these mean and where do I perform and place these? Thank you.
I had our Git admin enable HTTP access to the repos, so no SSH key setup was needed after all. All I really had to do was install msysGit: http://code.google.com/p/msysgit. Then I bare cloned the repos on the JIRA server, then setup the repositories in the Git plugin admin page. Works great.
Colin, thanks for coming to the rescue... We have JIRA installed as a Windows service which I setup manually from the standalone.zip. Our directories are d:\atlassian-jira-enterprise-4.2.4-b591-standalone (APP) and d:\jira (HOME DIR).
I will try to install the msysgit. But yes, I'll need to know how to get the keys and where to place them, too.
Thanks!
Canuck, in regards to the ssh keys, whoever administers your git repositories should know about this.
If you're still stuck and really want this fixed contact me direct. It's a bit involved to use answers for this.
Cheers
Host 192.168.1.1 StrictHostKeyChecking false IdentityFile .ssh/id_rsa
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.