Im not sure how to accomplish this..
I want just one group to be able to create issues from a specific issue type.. can't find a documentation to do this..
This isn't available. There are some workarounds, involving javascript or workflow tricks to prevent users actually committing an issue they shouldn't, and I've seen some hacks in code that do it, but it's not a standard function.
As Nick says, workarounds are available by using a Velocity processesed message custom field for view, and put the condition in the default value in the custom field by which the create button will be disabled.
Link to the old question forums http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?messageID=257250857
hmm.. is there a possibility to somehow restrict creating the issue for anybody via screens? The user who is allowed to create creates them throug REST interface...
Um, we just said you can't do it on screens without some code. REST will respect the permissions in Jira, but as this isn't something you can do in Jira, there won't be anything in REST (again, without coding)
looks like this doesn't work in 5.0 anymore. I cant find a "edit message" custom field. When I add a normal textfield with the script it just displays the script.
Hi if anyone stumbles on this conversation, I'm using a validator on the "Create Issue" Transition.
'Users in a field are/aren't in a project role'. Choose Field Reporter and select the roles you need.
Of course, this means you have a different workflow per issue type
Hi Amine, why would you need different workflow per issue type?
I used script runner build-in method isUserMemberOfRole for having few combinations of issueTypes and Roles.
Amine where do i find "field reporter" I could not find it in Validators list
I recently developed a plugin that might help you. I'm open for ideas to make it better, so just email me.
Is the ability to set permissions per issue type still not available for JIRA 6.2?I would think that there should be some function on "Issue Types" to add permissions per type.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5865
No it isn't in 6.2, script runner is the best option right now, see discussion below.
Working fine for us. Thanks!
Downloaded the plugin and find that it does not work. Maybe i am not setting it up correctly. Is there any documentation/help that i can use?
There is a manual on the website. Please read it and see if it works. Otherwise goto http://youngpluginssupport.uservoice.com/ and describe your problem.
Maybe not so nice, but there is a way
1. Make unique Workflow for each Type
2. In each workflow set in validator on Creation transition a specific Permission (like Set Issue Security, Delete All Comments, Edit All Comments, Delete All Attachments or Time Tracking Permissions which we are not using)
3. Create permission schema where assign this specific Permission to proper Group of users
at the end Group has right to create issues of specific Type
With Workflow Enhancer for Jira you can create a Universal Validator that checks [groups] user is in, evaluating to true or showing a custom error message to user.
See my comment later - validator will work, but it's a bad UX.
Script Runner is not available on cloud.
The best solution I think is to create a separate project and add this issuetype. Then you can configure permission to create issue. This way is advised by Jira architectors. It is not a good idea to first show creation screen, let user fill everything, press Create and then get notified that he cannot create an issue. A better way is not to show any UI at all.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.