We've got an intricate workflow for requesting a due date change. It works fine in most scenarios, unless the status is originally in Open or Reopened. It will make its way through the post functions but not qualify for the fast track. Is there some kind of event that fires that prevents this? Or could transitioning back to a Open/Reopened new status somehow fudge the transition?
fast track2.PNG
fast track.PNG
Can you check the logs... the most important thing is that the condition for all the fast-track transitions are mutually exclusive. If it didn't work, either the condition didn't match, the transition wasn't applicable, or the transition failed - the last two of those will log something.
I haven't had a chance to check the logs, but there's no reason it shouldn't work. There are multiple fast-tracks for different statuses and all work -- except for the two that revert it back to Open or Reopened status. I wondered if there was a permission issue, but it doesn't seem so. Now I wonder if it's something I have never encountered. It fast tracks to In Progress, Awaiting Response, On Hold, but not those two blue/new statuses. The custom field that the summary value is assigned to checks out -- I watch it through the entire process. The post functions prior to the fast track work, as well.
Well, the logs are the first thing to check really.
Jamie, each post function fast track is looking at a hidden field where I store the name of the original status... Based on that, it executes one of the 5 post functions that match. Each fast track condition looks like this (just with a different status): cfValues['hidden readonly workflow field 1'] == 'Work Halted'
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.