Hi
Would like to have a new permission in one of our JIRA permission schemes. This is apart from JIRA's default permissions like 'Create Issue', ' Edit Issue' etc.
Is there a way or work around ?
Thanks, Vishnu
No, apart from adding is via a plugin, I suppose.
But I would like to ask you, what is that you want to achieve. Just adding a new permission will not help, it has to be utilized by some part of the code. So if you can explain what you are looking it, it will help.
Hi Renjith,
Happy New Year !!!.
My requirement is to limit the creation of an Issue Type to specific users. So, if I can make to have a new permission like 'create this issue', will use this permission while creating such issue type.
Hope I am clear.
Regards, Vishnu
Same to you Vishnu.
See, even if you create a new permission in a plugin (I don't know whether this is possible), the core JIRA code should use it while creating a new Issue Type, right?
Are you also planning to change the core JIRA code?
Nop, I am not planning to change any code. For Eg, I have some read-only issue types. I made it read-only by editing the 'Create' issue step condition. It used to have a condition like Only Users with 'Create Issue' permission can create this issue type. I edited this to, only users with 'Delete Issues' permission can create such issues. And as per my permission scheme no one can delete issues.
So, would be able to appy same logic if I have a customized permission.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.