I am running JIRA 5.1 and Confluence 4.3.3. I have five different Issue Collectors accessed within Confluence - four of which are working as expected while one is experiencing problems.
The problem:
- A user clicks on the button to launch the issue collector in Confluence - screen appears to enter issue details
- All mandatory fields are populated, including some optional fields
- When finished the user clicks the submit button
- Intermittently we receive the
Oops! Something went wrong... error message and the issue is not created in JIRA
The Error message says the problem was logged, but when I look in atlassian-jira.log and catalina.out nothing related to this was logged. I've also tried looking into logs on the Confluence side, but nothing there either.
If the same user (or a different user) goes back to reproduce the error moments later, following the same steps, the Issue Collector will create the issue and it can be seen in JIRA.
I've attempted to reference this Knowledge Base article regarding the Issue Collector Oops message, but since nothing is logged, I have no way to tell if I fall into these scenarios.
I also tried various combinations of entering data into the Issue Collector's fields, but this doesn't seem to matter - still intermittent.
Something else of note: even when issues are created successfully, the Issue Collector admin view from within JIRA shows no activity (i.e. no tickets created within the past 30 days) - this is not true.
Any guidance and assistance on this problem is much appreciated.
Thank you.