Over the years when I've used confluence, for various reasons when editing a page I've accidentally hit the "cancel" button. Is there any way to recover the draft that was being saved?
So far I presume not. So making this assumption I'll add some thoughts/suggestions to this situation:
It would be nice to have more persistent drafts, similar to google docs. The click of a button wiping out minutes/hours of effort is a real drag. Before Confluence had drafts I learned to pretty much always draft up pages in google docs, so that I'd have an extremely persistent record of my edits. Then once I had the bulk of content fleshed out, I'd move it to Confluence for formatting.
While I still find Google Drive apps very useful for many parts of my workflow, I have been trying to work in Confluence more exlusively as a collaborative and content-creating environment. However, I just ran into the same problem where I nearly lost 30 min of work from an accidental clcik of the cancel button.
I know I should probably just save more often, and I'll try to... but comparing to Google Docs, which is super-automated and saving my every charachter, its hard to go to something less efficient, ya know?
So, still assuming there's not a suitable workaround, shall I raise a ticket in JIRA for this? What do others think?