The red line is number of issues created. The green line is the number of issues resolved. The area that is filled in as green or red is showing a growing delta toward more issues being created or resolved.
Thanks for the explanation on that, Boris. I meant the blue trend line, which is an optional trend line. I can screenshot it if it would be helpful.
It is just the total number of unresolved tickets for that date.
The code in Jira's CreatedVsResolvedChart class contains logic similar to:
CreatedVsResolvedChart
int unresolvedTrend = 0; for (period in periodRange) { created = getNumCreatedIssues(period); resolved = getNumResolvedIssues(period); unresolvedTrend = unresolvedTrend + created - resolved; }
If I start on Day 1 with some number of issues, create 10 new issues, and resolve 5 issues, then the trend value is 0 + 10 - 5 =<span> </span><strong>5</strong>
0 + 10 - 5 =<span> </span><strong>5</strong>
The zero value comes from: unresolvedTrend = 0
unresolvedTrend = 0
The next day I start with a trend value of 5 from the previous day, create 10 more issues and resolve 20 issues (maybe old ones, maybe new ones), the trend value is now
5 + 10 - 20 =<span> </span><strong>-5</strong>
So the value is a rolling count, not absolute.
Which is what others said, but I have psuedo-code
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.