My intent:
I want to preserve the original estimate of a feature at a point in time in the workflow. I planned to do so by copying the summation of the original estimate to a custom field during the appropriate transition. I provided several screen shots of much of what I describe below.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a custom field called Locked Estimate of type Number.*
2. Create a post function during the appropriate transition that copies summation of original estimate to locked estimate.
3. Publish this new workflow feature.
4. Create a feature with 0 hour estimate and a sub-task with 2 hour estimate.
5. Advance this feature through the post-function.
* to ensure it wasn't some kind of field type conflict, i also tried copying the value from summation of original estimate to Time Spent on the post function. I got the same result as described below.
What I expected:
I expected the value would be preserved in Locked Estimate.
What actually happened:
I received an error. You'll see it as a screenshot.