This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring JIRA Service Desk approvals
In workflow edit screen, on status settings, there is no such checkbox. Only "Allow all statuses...". Don't know why.
there seems to be more to this than just not having a service desk project ...
I am using one, but still no "Add approval" checkbox when selecting a status in the workflow.
I as well do not have the "Add approval" checkbox and I'm running JIRA 6.4.12. Does anyone from Atlassian know why and how to fix this?
I am having the same issueScreen Shot 2016-07-21 at 4.14.24 PM.png
same issue that don't have "Add approval" on the workflow, but nobody helped answer this question for long time
Jepp, same here - and I had the hope to get an answer here.
Here is the answer:
When you set project type as "Service Desk", the approval checkbox will be appeared on your workflow, for the other type "Software" or "Business", it doesn't have this function.
In case someone lands here looking for an answer ...
until the workflow is associated with an issue type that in turn is associated with a service desk project the 'Add approval' checkbox will not appear.
Basically update the Workflow scheme assoicated with the service desk project and pick the corresponding issue type that you will map the request type to.
Once you publish the updated workflow sheme, viola...
You have no idea how much time and frustration you saved me with your hint.Indeed it works as you described.
Thank you!
Thanks Williams,
I always forget that detail,
Regards!
I tried switching to Service Desk but still cannot see approval checkbox.
In order to make it possible for a status to get the "Add approval" the following have to be meet.Issue Type associated with the workflow needs to be configured in Issue Type Schemes to be used by a ServiceDesk project.Make sure that Default Issue Type Scheme is used by at least one SD project or add the issue type to the scheme of your project.Make sure the workflow is associated in the Workflow schemes as well.If this is done then the Add approval will become available.
Can I add approval on Jira software workflow?
no, only in Service Desk
For me, I had my Issue Type -->Workflow and the Issue Type Scheme -->Service Desk. My problem was that I was trying to find the Add approvers checkbox in the Inactive workflows. Seems silly now, but since I do not have a sandbox, I was creating a copy of the workflow before editing it. This made a copy but saved it under inactive workflows. After numerous attempts, I simply decided to try directly in the active workflow - and voila! the Add Approvers check box was there. Just sharing my experience
Just fine. I had have the same experience.
That did not help either... thanks though
Danny I meet those conditions however "Add Approvers" checkbox still missing...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.