I need to update the assignee in tickets as they transition status, but only if another field is populated in the ticket. If that other field is blank, the assignee should stay as is (or if it's easier, I can set the assignee to the reporter, which is the value it will already be anyway).
The post functions in JIRA don't allow this, and the custom functions don't seem to cover it either. It's looking like this is something that a script needs to be written for. I'm fine with that, but couldn't find any examples to go off of when googling... maybe I'm searching with the wrong terminology since I'm not a JIRA expert?
If it helps, here's what I'm trying to do in psuedo code...
on transition from state1 to state2
if qa_resource field is not null
assignee = qa_resource
else
do nothing, or assignee = reporter if easierThanks in advance for any help!