How to copy one field to anther while performing edit operation?
You will need to add javascript in the field description which will check if it is the edit screen then copy the value from one field to another .
My way of checking the editing screen is as below (JIRA 5.1.x)
<script type="text/javascript"> AJS.$(document).ready(function() { AJS.$(document).bind('dialogContentReady', function(event, dialog) { if(AJS.$(".aui-popup-heading").text().trim()=='Configure FieldsEdit Issue'){ // Your Script } }); }); </script>
JJupin Live Fields can certainly help you with that. Give it a try: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin
It is not possible to copy one field to another while you are editing an issue. However, you can clone an issue in JIRA.
Stock answer ?
Hey Mizan,
I want to display "A" field in edit screen as "B". But not works. Can you test in yours
<script type="text/javascript">AJS.$(document).ready(function() { AJS.$(document).bind('dialogContentReady', function(event, dialog) { if(AJS.$(".aui-popup-heading").text().trim()=='Configure FieldsEdit Issue'){ AJS.$("#customfield_11125").text("B"); } });});</script>
You need val() .. AJS.$("#customfield_11125").val("B");
This works for me . I hope your customfield is a text field / text area field
I mean I want to change label, not field value.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.