I'm not sure what the underlying mechanism is for forking, so I'm not sure if this is a really dumb thing to want to do, but here's my use-case.
I want to 'fork' a project from another Git server (Codeplex, in this case) but I don't want my fork to be public, so I can't host my fork on Codeplex. I want to keep my fork in sync with the Codeplex development so that I automatically pick up all those changes into my main integration branch. What I want to do sounds a lot like automatic fork syncing, but that doesn't seem to work across servers.
Is there a way to achieve this? I.e. to have a 'private' fork in Stash of something on another server and to automatically keep in sync with it?
I suppose I can always pull and merge manually, but I was hoping to do a continuous integration using my build server.
Thanks,
Tim