A nice technique that I used to use in the "old" confluence wiki was to create a single page called "Useful Images". I would attach all kinds of useful little icons, etc. to that page, and use the "gallary" macro to show them. But, the real use of this page was to accumulate in one place the imagery that I used over and over again on other pages. Why force me (as seems to be the case with your new WYSIWYG editor -- not a fan, btw) to have these common, useful images attached to each page I want to use them on?
I know I can accomplish this by typing wiki markup directly, but then ... if I need to edit that afterwards, I am stuck. Seems to me you could have an option in your "insert image" tool that allows me to select the page to use for attached images. What do you think? Anything I'm missing?
Gene Thurston