Our infrastructure team mentioned that we will not be able to use JIRA in Chrome after Google removes support for the Netscape Plugin API(NPAPI). This sounds highly unlikely. Can anyone confirm if any Atlassian products will be affected by this change in Chrome?
If I remember correctly, NPAPI in Chrome is a support library for chrome addons. JIRA is server based and doesn't need any browser addons.
If you want some evidence, Chrome on Linux had it removed in version 30-something, well ahead of everyone else. I'm typing this in version 41 on a Korora build, and there's a couple of Confluence installs, a Jira, Stash and Hipchat all working fine in other tabs
So I think your infrastructure team may be a bit confused. Unless they've forced some NPAPI based plugin into Chrome for some form of network authorisation or tracking thing (some corporates do silly things like that. I understand why, and the reasons aren't silly, just the often appalling choice of implementation)
JIRA needs java browser addon for Attach ScreenShots . So JIRA users have a problem with it if they are using Google Chrome versión 42....
Usefull Links:
https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml
https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/chrome.xml#npapichrome
Is there a long term solution?
Use a browser that still supports NPAPI, and wait for Atlassian to code a screenshot trick that doesn't need it (remember, it's only the screenshots that break)
Sigh... Chrome is a my browser of choice and I'm not a Mac https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPAPI#Browser_support Is a fix on the Atlassian roadmap?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.