We are currently using a Google form to create bugs in Trac using a Python script called Email2Trac. I've been tasked with modifying that to work with JIRA so we only have one piece of bug tracking software. I can create issues, but have no control over what goes into them with the exception of the description.
I need to know how to format (encode, script, whatever?) the text in the outgoing Google email to create issues in JIRA with JETI, specifically how to designate Components, Summary, Description, Issue Type, Priority, Reporter, etc. I need to be able to have the reporter (who will most likely not be a JIRA seat owner, hence the use of JETI) on all emails back and forth.
I've tried using some of the things (Components, Priority, & Reporter) available in the templates, but they're just ignored and show up in the description instead of being parsed. I don't know how they're supposed to be encoded/formatted in the email. and none of the tutorials explain this (that I've found thus far). For example, in our current email system (Email2Trac), to designate some of the fields, I simply do this:
@reporter:someone@somewhere.com
component:someComponent
type:defect
priority:[level]
@description:blah, blah, blah
Those all get parsed into the resultant bug in the places you'd expect them. I want to know how to do the same thing with JETI.
Can someone please post an example of what the outgoing mail for the JIRA/JETI configuration should look like. Once I have that figured out, I can proceed with modifying our current Google form to work with JIRA instead.