Hello all
I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and new year. I am going nuts trying to get servicedesk to create new customers from the emails they send, but for the past 3 days, I cannot figure it out and I would hate for it to be just a missing tick box somewhere. I do not want jira users to be created, only customers, so they can receive notifications. This is a clean install from the latest build as of last week. So I would be veryyyyyyyyy grateful if anyone could help. Below is the cofig and what I have done.
Best wishes
Nima
============
1 - Error in log file:
error Sender(s) [customer@example.com]not registered in JIRA. Using configured default reporter
1.a I don't understand this. Why does it say "not registered in JIRA"? The point is to create a customer account without creating a jira account
2 - I have followed Atlassian documentation and ensured Jira is in public mode (general configuration)
2.a - Also in Addons->Jira servicedesk->configuration
3 - In the servicedesk (only have one), I have enabled the option "Anyone can sign up for a customer account on my Customer Portal" (servicedesk->People->customers->lock icon on top right
4 - Emails work well. they are downloaded successfully and issues are generated
5 - Email requests are currently on (servicedesk->settings->Email settings)
6 - Mail handler setup as follows:
6.a - Handler = "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue"
6.b - Create users = NOT ticked (I do not want jira users, only customers)
7 - Project permission - in the servicedesk project, I added the "any group" to the "create issue" permission list
8 - drank tons of coffee, searched the web, cursed computers and myself, shouted at Jira servicedesk