I've been searching for a while and can't find anything that addresses what I'd like to be able to do and I wanted to know if it was possible with Jira 4.4.4 or 5.0 for that matter.
My thought is it would be nice to have a master image repository that is independent of projects or issues. Currently I am only aware of being able to attach images to an issue within a project. This works, but I can imagine including some standard images in descriptions for recurring issues that I'd like to be able to reference from a global image repository. Is there a way for me to reference with wiki notation a file that resides in a folder within the filesystem? That's just one idea of how I could accomplish what I'm thinking of, but I was hoping for a more developed solution that is less hacky.
Does what I'm asking make sense?
Thank you for any input / direction you can provide.