We recently tried to move our Jira 4.4.1 instance from one user directory (OpenLDAP) to another (Novell eDirectory).
The OpenLDAP system is our internal LDAP, and email addresses in here have suffixes: @nihi.auckland.ac.nz
The University eDirectory which we wan to move to, has suffixes: @auckland.ac.nz, and sometimes @aucklanduni.ac.nz
Each of our users have their email client still sending emails with suffix: @nihi.auckland.ac.nz, and this mismatch results in Jira not picking up mails which are sent to a group inbox, where the Jira IMAP mail server is configured to process them.
My thoughts were to set the eDirectory synchronisation to run daily (it is hourly at present), and after it runs, have a SQL update on the CWD_USER.EMAIL_ADDRESS, CWD_USER.LOWER_EMAIL_ADDRESS fields to force the email address suffix to: @nihi.auckland.ac.nz.
However, after doing this, Jira still doesn't pick up existing (or new) emails in the group mailbox. When I go into the User Administration, I see the users still have the suffix: @auckland.ac.nz, instead of: @nihi.auckland.ac.nz. So maybe there is caching somewhere? I could bounce Jira, but I really don't want to do this.
Is there a way to force Jira to re-read the database table?
If there is a better way to do this, I'm open for suggestions.
BTW, we can not change the University email address suffix, nor does the business want to remove the @nihi part of their email on the mail client.
I'm aware Jira doesn't handle multiple emails,... but how are we supposed to get around this?
Thanks in advance,
Stuart.