I was tesing out some examples for Dependent Counter fields in JIRA from https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+Fields#ScriptedFields-QuickStartforExperimenting. I copy pasted some scripts into the scripted field column and saved it.
But the dependent counter custom field doesnt appear on my issue page.
Am I missing out on some step?
Have you associated it with the issue type? Is it on the view issue screen? Check with the "where's my field" thing.
Also check the logs to make sure it's not failing.
Hi Jamie,
Yea you are right, I hadnt linked it with the screen..
Thanks!
I was trying to get this script to run but its not displaying the right value. I want to display the number of cloned links in a issue. BUt when I run this script I always get 1.
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkType import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkTypeManager ComponentAccessor componentAccessor= ComponentAccessor.newInstance() Collection<IssueLinkType> issueLinkTypes=componentAccessor.getComponentOfType(IssueLinkTypeManager.class).getIssueLinkTypes(); count = 0; for (IssueLinkType linktype : issueLinkTypes) { String name=linktype.getName(); if(name.equals("Cloners")){ count++; } } return count;
i think you have to use getIssueLinks(Long issueLinkTypeId) from issueLinkmanger
check this
https://developer.atlassian.com/static/javadoc/jira/5.0.5/reference/com/atlassian/jira/issue/link/IssueLinkManager.html#getIssueLinks%2528java.lang.Long%2529
hello Shweta,
you are getting count as 1 because you are checking for number of link types with name Cloners in your jira. Probably it always return 1
As prasad suggested, you need to get links from the issue as
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor; import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkManager; import com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLink; IssueLinkManager issueLinkManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueLinkManager(); List<IssueLink> issueInwardLinksList = issueLinkManager.getInwardLinks(issue.getId()); int inCount=0; for(IssueLink issueLink : issueInwardLinksList) { if(issueLink != null && issueLink.getIssueLinkType().getName().equals("Cloners")) { ++inCount; } } List<IssueLink> issueOutwardLinksList = issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.getId()); int outCount=0; for(IssueLink issueLink : issueOutwardLinksList) { if(issueLink != null && issueLink.getIssueLinkType().getName().equals("Cloners")) { ++outCount; } }
int totalCount=inCount+outCount;
return totalCount;
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.