I have a custom field called Client Name. I would like to auto-populate another custom field called Client Code based on the value in the Client Name field. Is there a way to build a database table containing client codes?
Thanks,
Kay
Hi, Kay. When do you want to set this value? On creating the issue?
If it is the case, you can do it with post functions and the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin, here:
About post functions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-postfunctions
JIRA Suite Utilities: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities
Simply install the plugin and then, when creating a post function, you will have the "Copy value from other field" option. You can use this on the 'Create' transition, to copy on creation, or on any other transition.
If you want to set the field on already created issues, you will probably need to use SQL on the database. This is something more advanced.
I hope it was helpful.
That is much more advanced.
Where is the data mapping code and name, in a database?
Hi Jaime, Yes, the information is in a database. Regards, Kay
I advise you to look for a plugin in the Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/. There may be one that helps you with that. Cheers.
Hi Jaime,
I want the Client Code value to auto-populate when data is entered into the Client Name field. The Client Code is unique for each client. The Client Code would not be an existing value, it would be a new value that does not exist in the ticket.
Thank you,
Hi, Kay. I'm not sure exactly how, but I think you can accomplish that with post functions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Advanced+workflow+configuration. Give it a look and see the ones available. Cheers!
Hi @Kay Brown, @Jaime Silveira
I have the same requirement. Will you be able to achieve that?
thanks,
Rosy
Well, in general you can only set fields automatically on transitions. So, if you want to do this during a transition, there are post-functions that allow you to copy values from a field to another. I'm not sure if an add-on won't be necessary, depending on the situation and the environment, you should check the available post-functions.
Otherwise, you can give 'ScriptRunner' a try. It may also help in this case.
You can read about post-functions here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html
Hi All, I too have a similar requirement to auto populate a drop down with list of values based on another dorp down custom filed.
If the first filed value is EI, then the second drop down should list all the EI defect types like CR & PR. And if the first filed value is PD, then the subsequet dorn down should list only the PD defect types.
Please let me know, how to achive this in JIRA ?
Nanda,
Did you ever get an answer to this? I was able to do this with drop-down selection lists. I have yet to be able to do this for the case outlined by the OP, but this one I have an answer for if you still need it.
Regards,
Clint
And the answer is..... ? :-)
Hi Clint,
I have a smiliar requirement. Could you please share the solution?
Regards
How to implement using the script runner plugin? should we make use of script fields? @Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_ - happy to know if you have any inputs on this?
I think you may want to look at ScriptRunner behaviors - https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-conversions.html#_dynamically_changing_the_picker_query
That may help you
I achieved this by hiding the standard EDIT button from the screen and adding a loop(a transition step - EDIT) on each status with Screen - Edit/View Issue and in the post functions I wrote my logic.
if Field1 != Null then do Field2 = "Yes" else Field2 = "No".
NOTE -
1. This is not the prettiest way to achieve this.
2. Please make sure you allow anyone to execute this particular transition otherwise the EDIT button will be hidden and will only be available based on the condition you have defined.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.