We intend to edit a closed subtask in order to populate a custom field.
Since subtasks are closed we are unable to edit Jira.
Any suggestions to help Edit closed jira subtask on jira v4.2
thanks
Issues become uneditable due to the fact that the workflow transistion sets the property jira.issue.editable to false.
Read the below documentation which explains the same. http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allow+editing+of+Closed+Issues
The steps mentioned in this link will be applicable only for issues that are getting closed post this workflow change.
If you already have existing issues in Closed state, then you need to add a transistion in your workflow from Closed status to Closed itself (call it say 'Clear Editable Flag') and in that transistion set jira.issue.editable to true. After applying this workflow, do a bulk change of all the issues and apply this transistion. Once done all these issues will be editable.
Renijith, Thanks for your explanation. I read your detailed response and the necessary links.
But after adding the transistion to the workflow, I am unable to see the expected behaviour.
Maybe I am not following the proper steps you advised.
Is it possible to have a WebEx Call to review?
Would appreciate your time to walk through this.
-- Regards, Bhavin K.
San Francisco, USA
@Bhavin
I am not sure whether the community rules allow me to do so, eventhough I am all happy to support you. Is your Jira license entitle you for an Atlassian support? If that is the case, it will be easier for you to raise a support request.
Anyway some more hints:
I presume that you created a draft for your workflow, edited it and published it. Can you confirm the same?
Why not make a draft of the subtask-workflow and delete the property editable=false at tha Closed-status?
Then publish the draft and edit the subtask.
Kind regardsAndré
Hello, Andre, Renjith:
Yes. I have created a draft for my subtask workflow.
How do I publish, activate the draft workflow?
Cheers,
Bhavin
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Editinganactiveworkflow
Or with Screenshots :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.